I’m happy to have the opportunity of teaching you
or your child to play an instrument. For children, they benefit
from lessons in many ways. It builds character & responsibility
by giving them a regularly scheduled practice time, it develops
hand-eye coordination, it encourages creativity & positive
self-expression, and it cultivates a love of good, wholesome
music. Music students are known to be the best school students
as well. For adults, they benefit from learning a new skill,
achieving a New Years' resolution, or just fulfilling a dream
of playing music in general.
In order to avoid any misunderstandings, I have developed
some guidelines to help all of us in our music lessons program:
- There will generally be four 45-minute lessons per month
(once a week) given. However, there will be some months
with less/more than four lessons, due to holidays.
- I will make every effort to make-up missed lessons for
illness or out-of-town travel with advanced notice. Forgotten
lessons or last-minute cancellations (except for sickness
and emergencies) will not be made up. If, for some reason,
I must cancel (very rare) the lesson will be made up.
- Our term begins the first week of September and runs through
the last week of May. I will be available during the months
of June, July and August as optional months if there are
no conflicts such as vacations, camps, etc.
- Please be on time. Lessons are scheduled back to back.
Tardiness results in a shorter lesson.
- Bring all lesson materials to your lesson.
- Practice during the week so that you are prepared for
your lesson. This is very important and parents are encouraged
to make sure your children are putting in daily practice
at a regular time and ready for their lesson. Not being
prepared affects progress.
- Parents are certainly welcome to come to lessons, but
are not required. If you choose to come to a lesson, please
leave other children at home so the student will not be
- Tuition is $120/month ($30/lesson, 4 lessons/month), payable
on the first lesson of each month, unless otherwise noted
on the Studio lesson schedule.
- The first lesson is free, as that is an introductory lesson
to evaluate your starting level of playing. Tuition will
be adjusted for the first month depending on start date.
After first month, tuition will be according to #8 above.
- No refunds or reimbursements of tuition will be given
due to missed lessons and/or complete withdrawal of enrollment
in the music studio during a paid month.
- I reserve the right to cancel enrollment in the music
studio for any reason and at any time.
If ever you have questions, comments or concerns, I welcome
them. My goal is to make you or your child’s music lessons
enjoyable, educational and hopefully fun as well. There may
be times when the material seems a bit tedious or even repetitive,
but there is always a goal in mind, so bear with us while
we are learning. Along with learning pieces to play, we will
be learning theory, composition, technique, sight-reading
and ear training.